As the Wellness Program closes for the 2020-2021 School Year, please be mindful of these important dates.
- Smart Dollar closes on April 30, 2021. Pulse points will post near the program end.
- The Trails Challenge closes May 1, 2021
- $200 (taxable) Incentive will post in one June 2021 paycheck for any SPS staff member who completes the Virgin Pulse (HRA) Health Risk Assessment and Completes 40,000 points within the Virgin Pulse Program by May 14, 2021. Data will not sync after the program end date.
- First 250 staff members to reach Level 3 on or before 4/30/21 will receive a Wellness Logo Charging Pad.
We now have access to a new program called Eat Fit Go!
Losing steam in the meal ideas department? Switch it up with Eat Fit Go. They deliver healthy, ready-to-eat meals straight to your home or office. These flavor-packed dishes are crafted by culinary experts and registered dieticians and made only with premium ingredients. Check out the colorful and flavorful menu today!
As a Virgin Pulse member, you’ll get 10% off your orders. Log in to Pulse today to join.
Make sure you complete your Health Risk Assessment Survey (HRA) prior to the program’s end on May 14, 2021. Login to Pulse and go to Health and then click on Health Check to complete your HRA survey. Or, retake the survey to update your new healthy habits.
The Spring 2021 Virtual YMCA registration is Open to any SPS Employee interested in an excellent workout with Certified Trainers and Social Interaction via Online Sessions in a Live or Recorded Format. Programming Begins January 11, 2021.
Live Programming: Monday’s and Wednesday’s
Programming Timing: 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
This Form is Due: 3PM, Thursday, January 5, 2021
- SPS staff are responsible for making Tasting Kit choices based on personal food & nutritional allergies/concerns and what is best for their body and personal health. Please check ahead of time if these Tasting Kits contain an allergen before you place an order.
- This wellness gift order is voluntary and general reminders and messages may be sent, but it is up to the staff member to order.
- Deliveries will be based on COVID-19 restrictions and will take place after Winter Break throughout the month of January.
- Deliveries will be made to buildings for staff member pickup.
- There will be coupon options for The Neighborhood Harvest within the Tasting Kit you select. Choosing to use the coupons and other offers is a personal choice.
The Neighborhood Harvest Tasting Kit Order Form
Orders Close: 4:00 PM on Friday, December 11, 2020
Join Healthy Suffolk for a virtual Run/Walk on Saturday, November 28, 2020. Set your own goal, find your favorite place to safely walk or run, and Healthy Suffolk will post results online.
Healthy Suffolk Run/Walk Registration Details
How to Self Report Community Events
- Login to Pulse
- Go to Rewards – How to Earn – Participation – Self Report Community Events
- Community Events can be Self Reported for Pulse points 4 Times during the 20-21 Program Year
**Planning on participating?
Send in pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. All photo submissions have the potential to be used for SPS Employee Wellness Program advertising and promotion.
From November 22 – 29, 2020 All Suffolk Public Schools Employees can enjoy the YMCA of South Hampton Roads for FREE!! Take time for self care. Come take a class, swim, lift, or just explore all the YMCA has to offer.
- All YMCA of South Hampton Roads locations will be closed Thanksgiving Day to allow our staff to spend time with their families.
- Please bring your SPS employee ID upon first visit to the YMCA.
Explore the Y today at ymcashr.org or visit any of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads 22 locations.
Questions? Please contact Rebecca Shuford
We appreciate Enhanced Nutrition & Energy and Thank you SPS Staff for supporting Wellness!
How are Points Posted?
To Earn the 5,000 Pulse Points, entries need to follow the directions below and be appropriate for all ages.
*All content will be considered usable for Suffolk Public Schools advertising of the SPS Employee Wellness Program. Entries may be returned for edits prior to posting.
- Visit at least 5 out of the 17 Suffolk, Virginia Trails
- Take Photographs
- Write up a description of your trip with a minimum of 10 sentences, include the number of steps you took, scenery, etc..
- Send your description and pictures as a Google Document, pdf, or jpeg to email@example.com. Make sure you have your name/SPS email on everything
- Keep an original of your submission
Video your journey across 5 or more trails and send your video in to be used as part of a video advertisement for the SPS Employee Wellness Program. Mp4 formatting preferred.
Due by May 1, 2021 – Earn 5,000 points
Register (New Members) or Login (Current Members) to Virgin Pulse Between October 1st & October 15, 2020 and receive a Voucher for Your Choice of (1) Tea Bomb, (1) Basic Shake, OR (1) Wellness Shake from Enhanced Nutrition & Energy.
- Restrictions Do Apply, Voucher Will Contain Specific Dates to Redeem, and Voucher is Non-Transferable.
- Further Directions Will be Distributed to Those Who Receive a Voucher.
- Vouchers will be distributed after the closing of this registration/login challenge.
This message is not a voucher for a product.
SPS Staff Are Responsible for Selecting Voucher Choices Based on Personal Food & Nutritional Allergies/Concerns and What is Best for Their Body and Personal Health.How the Program Works
20-21 Program Details Presentation